Thursday, July 29, 2010

Now it Starts

Today is the 29th of July so the journey really starts today. The day I've been focused on since reservations were confirmed back on 23 June. It was a busy morning, had lunch with daughters #1 & 2 (Rachael and Courtney) as they are better known.


Even though it's kind of late to ask them, I inquired if they thought I was in any way selfish or not being a good Dad by leaving and heading to Abu Dhabi. They both agreed it was time for me to go and they were glad for me. They felt like it was good for me and them too so any concerns I had I left at the Griffin Pub today. Until I pulled out of the driveway and looked at them both standing there and I realized this isn't any business trip... I was leaving for good.

So with Sarah (#3) settled in Massachusetts and Rachael and Courtney still in Battle Creek, I left. Certainly some mixed feelings about leaving after living there for 17 years and I did leave before, but that was only for a set amount of time (13 months in Iraq). This time it was knowing the only reason I'll get back to Battle Creek is to visit friends.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment