Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Apartment

Wow, photos, I'm learning. Here are some shots of my apartment.

Hallway to the bedrooms


Living room


Kitchen


Entry way




Dining area is part of the living room
I have moved into my new place. It's a two bedroom with 2 full baths and 2 half baths. So if I invite 3 guys over to watch football all of us can get up during a time out and go to the bathroom, but only 2 of us could take showers during half-time and in a stroke of luck three of us could use a bidet to clean off with instead of toilet paper.


Guest bathroom

That's enough bathroom talk. The apartment is nice as most are in these hotel/apartment buildings. Marble floors, comfortable bed, alot of nice wood work. It's starting to feel more like home everynight. There's not a lot of my "stuff" in it because I don't have a lot of stuff anymore and what I do have is still in transit here. Once that gets here I'll be able to at least display some pictures that will make it a little more homey. I'm in this place for at least a year.

Your bedroom for your visit. I have a king size bed in mine.
I have maid service once a week and they change the sheets on the bed, give me fresh towels, clean up any mess, replace the toilet paper and they even washed my breakfast dishes and put them away. So not that I'm a messy guy, but it's a nice perk. I also have underground parking, which is a big perk because of the heat and dust.
That's it for the apartment, I'm thrilled I got the pictures from my Blackberry to the Blog. You should be too because I'm sure my words were getting boring.
I'm going to try to add a little feature I did on my weekly updates at the Cancer Care Center called the Quote of the Day, but maybe here we'll call it the Quote of the Blog... QOB for short.
QOB - "The worse sorrows in life are not in its losses and misfortunes, but its fears." Christopher Benson.

5 comments:

  1. I love your place. Very nicely decorated....actually similar to my new place......congratulations on the move and on posting photos on the blog site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take no credit for the decorating, it was like this when I walked in. I like to think of it as modern/sterile, but it's home if you're comfortable there and I'm comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ your "football" commentary. Nice, dad. :) I like it, it looks homey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can honestly say my husband has never decided to take a shower during a football halftime...LOL. Bidets are a worthy blog topic unto themselves. Your nest has all the comforts of home. It's got this Danish Modern-eque look to it. Clean, simple, unfettered. BTW,is that a washing machine in the kitchen?? If so, it puts a whole new spin on the concept of rinsing off your fruits/veggies/meat before cooking/eating them.(argh, argh)LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brentwood Blogger was very observant and I do have a washer/dryer combo in my kitchen. Another nice perk, but I do not wash any vegetables or fruits in it except for my Fruit of the Looms.

    ReplyDelete