Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I have updated the blog with all the latest goings on here in Abu Dhabi. I'm heading home to Massachusetts to spend time with daughter #3, Sarah, and some family and friends. I will leave you with these thoughts though. Despite what you might think Christmas is celebrated here. The malls have been decked out with all the usual Christmas stuff, the Christmas carols have been piped into my apartment buildings sound system for weeks now, there's a tree up in the lobby and there might even be a present under the tree down there for me, there's just no snow or cold weather.

Here's a link to a Chinese artist that has some interesting items to view. He has helpers paint him into scenes all over China and then has a picture taken of him. It's really very cool. As the artist he just stands there, while others paint him to match the background then someone else takes the picture of him.
www.ekfineart.com/html/artistresults.asp?artist=82&testing=true.

The only quote I have for you is one often repeated especially at this time of year.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Stay warm..............Now where did I put that darn winter coat?

1 comment: