Saturday, December 18, 2010

Guests!


So I left off on November 12th talking about my friend Kathleen coming in town and she showed up and I guess I've been busy ever since because I haven't written anything. I guess you can all thank Kathleen and her friend Fiona for getting me out to see alot of different things.
Just to refresh, Kathleen got here on Sunday Nov 14th at night and I fortunately had the next 6 days off because of Eid. We were on the go for 6 days and then I got a break and went back to work while Kathleen wandered safely around Abu Dhabi walking miles alone awaiting Fiona's arrival on Tuesday.

On Monday the 15th I took Kathleen out for a riding tour of the city, to show her some of the sights while she got used to the heat. We went by Emirates Palace, where currently the most expensive Christmas Tree in the world has been placed.





And we stopped by the Saucer Building to snap a photo.

It was a good day to get her oriented to the island and we finished up at the golf course because our students had a golf lesson despite it being a holiday. So dinner on the terrace overlooking the driving range in the cooler night air was a welcome change.

Day two of her visit found us heading to Yas Island and Saadiyat Island and in the interest of breaking your reading up I'll put those photo's and notes in a separate blog.

It was actually a pretty cool two weeks because as the UAE is known around the world they always try to do anything bigger and better than anywhere else and in the two weeks Kathleen was here I was able to ride the fastest roller coaster in the world and go up to the observation deck of the tallest building in the world.

QOB: "Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin." Grace Hansen
Stay Warm,
Wayne




No comments:

Post a Comment