Friday, August 6, 2010

Running On... Running on Empty

It's hot and muggy here. Did I mention that in a previous post? It's even hot and muggy at 6:35 am. I headed outside today for my first outdoor run. It wasn't a mistake, but it's hot and muggy at 6:35am.

It took me 6 minutes to get down to the Corniche and then I was able run along the water on a wide brick walkway without having to worry about traffic. Another nice thing is that at most major intersections and even sometimes halfway down a busy street there are pedestrian underpasses that you can simply use to get across the street. The one this morning had some nice paintings on the walls, camels and horses...go figure.

I ran down the Corniche at an easy pace because it's hot and muggy. I still didn't make it all the way to Cold Stone Creamery, but did run into another Baskin Robbins right on the beach along with a beach supply store and a frozen yogurt place. The sand looked beautiful with chairs already set up for all the beach goers of which there will be few because it's so hot and muggy during the summer.

Had a grand total of 30 minutes of running today and it felt like 60 minutes or more because of all the sweating going on.

It will be back to the treadmills for me. Looking out the windows on the top floor early in the morning I can watch the sunrise in the east as it slowly tries to burn through the haze (which is four letter word for "brutal humidity").

Stay Cool, I'm trying, but it sure doesn't seem to be working.
Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment