Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Neighborhood

Took a walk around my neighborhood tonight. A number of little restaurants, plumbing and electrical shops, work clothes stores and even a candy shop or two along with the ubiquitous corner grocery store. I had been getting back into the habit of going grocery shopping at the big chain stores like in the US and kind of forgot I can simply walk down to the neighborhood place and get what I need close by.

I've never lived in a big city, in the the true center of a city, in a neighborhood like I do now. I've always wanted to experience this and I'm getting the chance. I can become a resident of a city neighborhood and enjoy all that city living has to offer. I even stopped in the bakery and grabbed half a loaf of fresh baked whole wheat bread.

Once the weather cools off a little more I'll probably be walking back and forth to work on the days I don't need a vehicle. I can stop and get breakfast on the way and enjoy life in a world class city. There is so much to do outside the city that living in it is has a double benefit. The opportunity to live in the city and the opportunity to get away to others things.

The Abu Dhabi Film Festival starts this weekend too. They will be showing movies from all over the world, some with big stars like Sean Penn, Diane Lane, Adrian Brody and Naomi Watts. And others that are low budget or medium budget with reknowned directors and producers. So since I am a movie buff I'll be going to a lot of viewings between the 14th and 22nd.

QOB - "However good or bad a situation is, it will change."
Regina Brett

Stay Cool, I'm starting to.
Wayne

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the updates. Life is always busy. I haven't been on in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so crazy to think of neighborhoods... with little stores and stuff, all the way over there! I've never lived in a big city like that... but, I'm not sure I have a desire to. Glad you're getting an "opportunity"

    ReplyDelete