Saturday, October 2, 2010

A story from my world

Here is a link to a story about where I'm working.
www.thenational.ae/news/worldwide/nyu-abu-dhabi-a-class-apart?=1

This was in an English language newspaper that's available here. It tells a little about NYU Abu Dhabi. Right now I'm just working and it's sports related so I'll tell you what's on the calendar for this week.

Tuesday it's tours and orientation for faculty, staff and families in the Fitness Center so they know they are welcome to use it and how to use the machines.
Wednesday it's lunch with the Captain of a 42' sailboat and then a tour of the boat to determine how we can use it for our students for sailing lessons or team building activities.

Thursday afternoon we go on a Kayak trip through the mangrove area with an adventure company to determine if that kind of activity will be suitable for the students.

Friday morning (the first day of the weekend) I'm heading out to the camel races on opening day. Evidently they do not carry jockey's, but the owners have some kind of robot and a mechanical whip that he operates from his 4 wheel drive SUV that he rides beside the track to get the camel to go faster. I'm passing up golf Friday morning to see the races. Friday afternoon will be the Dragon Boat races the 20 member student team have been training for so I'll go down and watch that.

Saturday is attendance at a trade show for adrenaline sports activities that I'll go to to see if there are any good ideas on other things we can offer the students here in Abu Dhabi.

Not a bad week from my perspective.

QOB - "If we did all the things we are capable of we would literally astound ourselves". Thomas Edison

Stay Cool,

Wayne

1 comment:

  1. W - Your life is very interesting and inviting. I've heard about the camel racing but never that the owners race around the track in their SUV's. How funny.
    What all is on the of adrenaline activities? We are going to have to do a few when I come visit.
    It's good to see the girls there with you - you all look great.
    Jac

    ReplyDelete