Saturday, April 23, 2011

Population Boom

There was an article in the newspaper last week regarding the population in the UAE which has gone up 65 percent between 2006 and 2010 from 5.1 million people to 8.26 million. Wow, that's quite a boom.

The number of Emirati nationals grew by about 100,000 from 851,164 to 947,997, but the overall percentage of nationals fell to 11.47 percent since there was so much increase in foreign workers.
Abu Dhabi, the emirate, not the city had about 3,469,200 of those 8.26 million people.

Alot of the foreign workers are at the labor level, but there is still significant numbers of professionals and skilled workers who come here for the weather, environment and tax breaks.

I think the folks from the UK lead the way along with Australians in the professionals category.

QOB - "The thing that is really hard and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself."
Anna Quindlen
Personally I gave up on being perfect when I was a little kid, there was no chance for me. I have enjoyed becoming myself though.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit that is an amazing quote and I just may steal it... definitely suits me [and Sarah] hahahahahahaa :)

    What do you mean there was no chance for you? That sounds really sad :( But you ARE perfect Dad!!

    ReplyDelete