Thursday, April 28, 2011

This is the UAE

This video (of time lapse photos) came to my attention today and I thought I'd share it with you. It is a great depiction of where Abu Dhabi is and what it used to be. It's only four minutes long, but I think you'll be amazed.
http://vimeo.com/22936856

I can tell you all these scenes and photos taken from different vantage points truly show the Abu Dhabi I live in. It's a phenomenal city, but I've told you that before. I've finished 9 months here and the summer has arrived, 95 - 100 degrees of heat and humidity.

QOB -"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" C.S. Lewis

3 comments:

  1. DAD! What a cool video!! Very moving. Thank you for sharing--it looks so beautiful, I can't wait to visit. The video looks better than the pictures!! lol. Anyway, the title of this blog sounds like a potential title for some gangsta rap song. Lol. What are those weird things at like the 1:50 mark??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cranes that are building more buildings. Dancing cranes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going in Abu Dhabi and Dubai won't disappoint you in terms of the things that you would like to see. Buildings are abound almost every corner in the city. Magnificent buildings at that.


    property shop

    ReplyDelete