Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rules for the UAE

Actually these are rules for guests or suggestions for guests or people that are thinking about being guests. These are things I've realized over the last 9 months. Ironically I came here for my visit to determine if I wanted to work here exactly one year ago this weekend. So let's get on with the suggestions.
1. Don't come during the months of May - late October unless you want to experience heat and humidity. It's already hitting 35 degrees here, that's celsius and equates to 95 fahrenheit. As you know it will get very hot and muggy so unless you like sweating when outside doing nothing be smart and stay home.
2. I have a spare bedroom (two single beds) and 3 spare bathrooms. So if you come with someone else you'll be sharing the spare rooms.
3. I don't cook, but you can if you'd like.
4. I can probably take some time off while you're here, but don't plan for it. You need to be pretty indepedent and willing to explore on your own.
5. You won't be driving while here, plan on taking cabs, they are abundant and inexpensive.
6. The weekend is Friday and Saturday so that may help you plan your trip and when I will have time to see some things with you and go places.
7. I enjoy having guests I just don't wait on them. I've giving you a place to stay I hope you'll make yourself comfortable and feel free to help yourself to anything in the fridge.
8. The remote for the tv belongs to me if I'm home. If I'm not, feel free to channel surf.
9. There's a Starbucks downstairs or I guess you can brew coffee in the apartment, I just don't make any because I don't drink it.
10. Hair dryer and curling iron are provided here. So is soap and shampoo/conditioner.
11. The maid comes on Wednesday, make sure you're out of bed so she can change the sheets.
12. I have a laptop in the apartment so you don't need to bring one if you don't want to. You can skype and check your e-mail from this one.

I welcome guests and encourage them I just wanted everyone to know what's available and what works.

The door is open, make your reservations.

QOB - "Happiness is not the absence of problems, but the ability to deal with them."
Baron de Montesquieu

2 comments:

  1. Aw this is so nice!! I think Rachael and Sarah and I should all come this winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are nice set of rules there. Very lenient.


    property shop real estate

    ReplyDelete